From:
Heidi Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:26:06 -0700
Greetings all FML'ers and Fellow Ferret Enthusiasts alike!

The webmistress for the Extreme Weezils ...
http://www.extremeweezils.com/
 ... has been somewhat down for the count the latter part of the summer
due to relapsing serious illness and family visitations [either having
nothing to do with the other! :) ]  Hopefully I'm on my way to wellsville
and will be bringing all of you the high-quality high- volume ferret
material that you have come to expect from the Extreme Weezils over the
past couple of years!

Question : What does someone do when there is already too much on her
plate and she is needing a healing, calm environment to heal?

Answer : If it's me, then the answer is GET A PUPPY!  Woo- HOO!  That
makes a lot of sense, yes?  Since when do ferret owners do things that
make sense, anyway?  ;)

I know I'm opening myself up for some serious heartbreak and horror,
BUT ... if anyone out there has experience with German Shepherd Puppies
and ferrets cohabitating in domestic bliss, or otherwise, I'd appreciate
hearing about it!  Over the years I've read some pretty traumatic and sad
things dealing with dogs accidentally hurting or even killing ferrets,
even if the resident human "knew" that wouldn't happen.  This is my
concern and any and all help that you all could offer by way of KNOWLEDGE
would be much appreciated!

On the lighter side, our ferret Blizzard immediately decided that Saxon
[our seven week old German Shepherd Puppy] makes a GREAT horse!  Blizzard
grabs on Saxon's back any way he can and ride 'em dooker!  I am doing my
best to catch that on film.  We are still at the stage where it takes TWO
of us to watch the ferrets with Saxon when they are out and about in the
house.  If all goes well, I am hoping they will all be one big happy
family relatively soon.  German Shepherds are great with "herding their
flock" - in our case it happens to be a flock of Weezils!

Want to know more about Saxon and his Weezils?  Check out our site at
http://www.extremeweezils.com and follow the many links to stories and
photos galore!

______  Heidi Lynne  __________
http://www.extremeweezils.com/