From:
Kym Isear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:15:14 -0400
Hi all,

Thank you all for the kind thoughts for Oso, he came through his surgery
like a champ!  He now only has his left kidney and a little black bump was
removed from his spleen, to be explained after we get results back but he
is doing great.

Signe was asking about dried fruit.  I give all 3 of mine dried fruit
almost everyday.  I only give them pieces though.  I will slice up an
apricot and give each girl a slice of it 2 or 3 times a week.  They do
tend to pee orange though, so don't be alarmed!  They especially like the
unsweetened banana chips you can buy at the bird store.  I like giving
them this most of all their treats because no sugar is added.  Seems to
be healthier to me!  Oso himself really prefers the dried pineapple but I
don't give him that everyday, closer to every other, about maybe 1/4"
diameter in size.  As they say, everything in moderation.

Kym and Kids