From:
Jenny M Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:35:09 -0600
OK, now finally posting after 4 whole days.

I'm Jenny, aka Jen, Jennifer, anything like that, and have a kind of
siamese ferret female with a little white mask, named Pogo aka terd-head.
She loves attacking toilet brushes.  Yech.  She's my only one.

Last night I had a dream that I was at my grandparents house and pogo
started giving birth to babies.  So I got a cricket box and put it in their
big garage that had stadium lights.  Freaky, but it goes on.  She finally
gives birth to ELEVEN babies!  eleven!  Imagine!

And somehow the cricket box is suddenly huge, the ferrets which looked like
little bald baby kangaroos get fur and look like baby ferts, and I see a
puppy running around the cage!  And the puppy starts suckling Pogo with the
rest of them, an Pogo Talks to me!  She says she's out of milk, so I get
her some milk to drink, and then I wake up and look frantically over at
Pogo's cage.  She's asleep with her head hanging out of her hammock, like
usual, no kits to be seen.  Thank goodness.

---Litter digger---
Pogo digs in her litter box.  I've tried very little litter, I've tried a
lot of litter, I've tried NO litter, she still digs poop and all.  She digs
between the sides of it and the cage, she digs under it, making all the
litter fall to the back of it, and she digs IN it.  That's why I call her
terd-head sometimes, though she doesn't actually get it on her.

Another thing I've noticed: She has a nice big, roomy litter box, sometimes
uses the corners of it, but alot of the time, as soon as her feet touch the
litter, there she flows!  So she has a nice big pile in the entrance when
she wants to use a corner.  Kinda weird.

Also, this is cute, when I go to her cage to take her out, she does the
"flat ferret" trick, for no reason.  She lays on her belly sometimes with
her head up, sometimes with her chin on the floor, and just looks at me.
Doesn't budge, doesn't blink, just stares.  First couple of times it scared
me.  I had thought she was injured or something.

Ah, the joys!

                Dooks and good will as my ferrety friends say!
        Jen & Pogo, the toilet-brush-attacking-super-ferret-from-Mars