From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 21:10:55 -0500
Shelters That Adopt & Rescue Ferrets (STAR*) makes this service announcement
on behalf of it's co-director......

From The F.A.I.R. Report, March/April 1996
Ferret Adoption, Information and Rescue Society/Shelter
Shelter: 708-681-3181, Westchester, IL
Director - Mary Van Dahm

SHELTER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!

We are in great need of volunteers at the new shelter.  Some of our long
time volunteers have moved away due to job transfers.  Others are off on
medical leave.  We are now down to only 3 regular volunteers!

Volunteers are needed for afternoons on Mon., Wed., Fri., and Sat. from 1-3
pm and Mon. and Wed. evenings from 7-9 pm.  If you could spare one afternoon
or evening a week to help out, I would be extreamly grateful.

Fortunately we don't have a lot of animals in the shelter right now, but we
still have a lot of work to do!!  There are several shows and events coming
up that we need to prepare information for and we could use help collating,
folding, and stapling.  We also need volunteers to work at some events.  Let
me know if you can volunteer to work a few hours at the Expo or at any of
the upcoming 'local' ferret shows!  (We will be going to the Indiana and
Michigan shows and possibly the Ohio show.  We also plan to be at the GCFA
show in October.)