From:
C-Shell Super User <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1993 02:39:55 -0400
[Are you really "cshroot"?  FML acks bounce.]

This is in response to Marianna Max's question about someone near
Charlottesville VA, who has ferrets and is knowledgeable about ferrets.

Your friend is in luck.  You live near the President of the North American
Ferret Association (NAFA), who lives in Dale City, Va.  [At least I assume
that you will consider Dale City near.  Being from Texas, I consider any two
cities that are in the same state, to be close.  :-) ]

The person that your friend should see is Chuck Skaggs.  As I said above, he
is President of NAFA.  He has, variously, about 30 ferrets, depending on how
many ferrets he has in his shelter at the time.  He can be reached at:

     Chuck Skaggs
     North American Ferret Association
     P.O. Box 1963
     Dale City, VA  22193-4342

     Ph.  703/590-2132

However, I would suggest that she give him a day or two to recover from his
trip back from the Longview, Texas NAFA Ferret Show.  He was driving back.
That show was just held over the weekend June 5 and there were more ferrets
there than expected.  The end result was that we did not get the exhibit hall
cleaned up until the wee hours of the morning.  I imagine that it will be a
lonnnnnng (yawn) drive  [not the same state  ;-) ].

If she calls that number before he returns, though, she should still get a
real live person on the other end of the line, who can help her.  But, Chuck
is the person that your friend should see.

"Cats may be cool, but carpet sharks rule!"

John Gaver ([log in to unmask])