Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:22:08 -0400
Yes, I realize there have been no studies regarding adrenal rates in
pet ferrets. However we do have an anecdotal idea of what those rates
are over a general life time of a ferret from vast personal
experiences. So I was asking in GENERAL, to adopters of DMK's, what
they are seeing. Are they seeing ferrets develop adrenal 2-3 years
after neutering, are they seeing it much later, or are they seeing it
at all. And to compare that what they've experienced over the years
with their average pet store ferrets (not late alter private bred
ferrets ... thought I suppose that might be interesting to see as well
as then you are dealing with the best of circumstances and the stress
factors.)

A prime opportunity was missed in having access to hundreds of late
alter ferrets here. Very sad. It would have been great to have followed
those ferrets health over the years. A possible study on a silver
platter. I've been waiting for enough time to pass to possibly begin
tossing this question out to the dozens, or hundreds of people who
took those wee ones in.

The doctors presentation about a vaccine was so exciting!!!!! Woohoo!

Thanks for the fabulous information and cautions about info over the
web and "studies". I think Alex would agree with me when I say that
your imput was primo!

Would another possible contributing factor to high incidence of
adrenals in shelters be stress? I say yes. : :Shrugging:: lol.

Wolfy