From:
Gail Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 00:04:06 -0500
Strawberries and grapes:
Does anybody else have fuzzies that go nuts about these?  Our little one,
Roo, had a little bit of my strawberry the other night and she went NUTS.
She just about inhaled it and took another piece from me, all the while
making this little noise, which is hard to describe, kind of like an excited
red squirrel noise, sort of in between a beep and a squeak.  It was adorable!
 The next day I gave her half a grape, and he did the same thing.  I did,
however find the grape skin under the bed several days later (Bleah!) so now
I know to peel them first.  No, we don't spoil our little guys at all, do we?
 BTW, the reason only Roo gets these things is not that we are mean and cruel
to Tigger, but because Tigger is very finicky.  It was a few weeks before she
would even try Ferretone, and even now, Ferretone, raisins, and papaya are
the only treats she doesn't turn up her nose at, while Roo will eat anything.
 She even ate okra the other day!

Blue Eyes:
I think Tigger has blue eyes.  Is this possible/common?  I thought that all
ferrets had brown/black eyes.  When we got our first roll of ferret pictures
back a few weeks ago, Tigger's eyes came out red.  I then looked more closely
at her eyes, and they are definetly much lighter colored than Roo's, and I
really think they are blue.  Is this just normal color variation, or
something weird?  Tigger is, i believe what is called siamese colored,
although i think there are other names out there.  She is mostly cream
colored, except her legs and tail which are dark brown, and a very thin
circle of brown around each eye.

Great Ferret Book:
I believe several people have mentioned this before, but i just got a great
ferret book last week.  It's called Ferrets in Your Home by Dr. Wendy
Winsted.  It's a big hardcover, with lots of great info, pictures, and some
tragic stories which will no doubt make you triple-check your
ferret-proofing, like we did.  There's even a story about her taking her
ferrets to New York to do Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks.  It was pretty
funny.

TTFN
Gail, Tigger & Roo