From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:26:39 -0400
When I got my 1st ferret, I named her Katie after Katie Couric on the TODAY
Show.  I was impressed with Katie's bravery in the face of her husband's
death from colon cancer.  The same disease that took my Mom.  When Ferret
math struck at our house, it seemed only natural to continue with the Today
Show Theme.... One of these days I WILL actually stand outside the TODAY
Show window in Rockefeller Center with a picture of the crew.  I walk
through Rockefeller Center on my way to work - I have no excuse not to do
this!

I wanted to tell everyone about one of the added benefits of naming your
ferrets common names --- you can get silly trinkets with their names on
it.  Every year the fuzzies Aunt, buys them some personalized Christmas
ornaments.  This week she came over with cute little bells, decorated with
holly and each of their names - on a small gold metal tree.  A 4th bell was
added that said "Cold Noses, Warm Heart".

I also was scanning BN.COM looking to purchase some ferret medical books
that were recently recommended.  I accidentally stumbled on a children's
book called: The Adventures of Katie the Ferret.  Who knew that I had
picked a name that was already in use by a favorite fuzzy!

Kristeen

 Kristeen, JT,
 Katie, Matt & Al