From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:41:52 -0800
Hello,

We have a new game in our house called "snatch, drag and stash da baby"
We have 2 brand new additions to our family and they are about 6 weeks
old and are adorable beyond belief.

The problem is though, everyone wants the babies.  They play tug of war
with them and are constantly trying to put them in their hidey holes.
Needless to say, the babies are not happy with this situation.  They cry
and scream like they are getting murdered!!

I keep breaking up them up and carefully look over the babies and there
are no marks, but they are drenched in ferret spit on their little necks.

Why are the big ones doing this?  When will it stop?  Is it really
hurting them?  It sounds horrible to hear them scream.  They run to
me and hide under my shirt.  Poor little ones.

I am keeping the babies in a separate part of the cage, but am trying to
integrate them into the group for short supervised times.  Any tips on
raising babies and integrating them with the adults?  Boy, they are a lot
of work, but so cute wobbling around on their little legs with those big
eyes.  When they try to dook, they fall over and jump up like little
bunnies!

They are eating and drinking good and the poops look good, but I will
keep a close eye on them.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
suzi