From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 07:24:34 -0700
Oh my!  I almost find it upsetting that these wonderful ladies would,
even for a moment, believe that any of us would think they LOOK bad
just for wanting (like the rest of us) some of the wonderful things
they auction and raffle off.

In my personal opinion, steps have been taken to ensure that the raffles
are completely random, and as long as that is the case, I don't think it
matters WHO buys tickets.  I say go for it!!

As to Ebay, the only thing I would say is to be careful, as it is against
Ebay's rules to bid on your own items.  But I'm sure you all know that
and have your own personal accounts, so that is probably not a worry.

Most of us know and trust your judgement in these matters implicitly, and
frankly, if anyone deserves something nice, its you guys!  Besides, the
money goes to a good place no matter where it comes from!  And that good
place isn't you.  I think it is wonderful that in addition to all the
hard work and money you guys already put into SOS, you'd be willing to
include additional donations from your own pockets for raffles and
auctions, etc.

Melissa Rotert
Mira, Robin, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Tasha, Booboo, Cael and Nietzsche always