From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:47:04 -0400
Hi there

A coupla people wrote with questions regarding my Chicken Gravy hints, so
I figured that I would answer here just in case anyone else had the same
question(s).

>I would love to make chicken gravy for our little girl and your method
>sounds great to me.  No Grinding and Chopping!!  Yeah!!!  I do have one
>question though.  Do you put the bones in the blender too?

Yep!  Once they've cooked for a few hours in the crock pot, they grind up
really easily, even in my ancient blender (my *mom* got it at *her* wedding
shower over 30 years ago).

>For whatever reason, I am going to try again, and want to ask you about
>the precooking before you blend....awhile back, I remember reading about
>that precooking makes the bones splinter in the gravy, and more
>chokeable.  Please answer this, and what you think..did you see any
>splintered bones when you were through?

Nearly all of the bone ended up very, very finely pureed.  My SO (who
operates the blender) tossed the mix through a kitchen strainer when he
was done blending so that any larger pieces would be removed.  Really,
there were very few.

>Your way sounds easier than the regular way, and I want to try it.  Did
>you add all of the water (now broth) from the crockpot after it was
>cooked, into the blender of leave some out?

Yep - lots of goodies are in the water/broth!

Hope that helps!
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
http://www.geocities.com/sageferrets