Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:11:09 -0600
A few weeks ago, I posted about giving aloe vera juice to my ferret.
Sukie said that aloe is toxic to cats and dogs and wanted me to stop
giving it even though I have been giving it to Greta for almost 2 years
now. I stopped giving it for 3 days, she bloated up and I called my vet
to have her find out if aloe juice was okay to give ferrets and started
Greta back on the aloe juice. My vet got back to me and said that it is
NOT toxic to ferrets and that the cooking process destroys the toxic
component. My vet has a working relationship with Dr. Wagner in PA and
another well known female vet in PA, who's name I cannot remember, to
go to with questions. This just confirmed my feeling that after 18
months with no issues, it was perfectly safe to give to my Greta.