From:
Duck lite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:55:19 EST
As a shelter "keeper of the fur", I welcome donations, but do not actively
solicit them.  I do feel that expiration dates are placed on things for a
reason, and am not sure that I would want to use expired medications or
foods for the fuzzies in my charge.

That said, I think Roberta is on to something.  There are many things that
might not be *saleable* by a store that are still usable by shelters.  Paper
towels which have the plastic wrap ripped, bottles of Pedialyte which are
dented (but not broken open), sweatshirts/baby blankets/etc.  which are
stained/ripped/otherwise damaged, bags of kitty litter which have ripped
open and are now only 3/4 full, and the list goes on.  These items are not
usable to the store, and will only go on the trash anyhow, so it's no skin
off their nose to donate them to shelters.

Thanks Roberta!!

Hope everyone is having a happy holiday season, and I wish you all peace,
joy and happiness inthe coming year.

-Anne

PS- My Christmas "wish" is that in 1998, no ferret will be homeless, hungry,
abused or without the love of a special human.  Hug your fuzzies, and let
them know how much they are loved.