From:
scott sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:27:09 -0700
Our poor little adrenal girl, Gigabyte is fading away from us. The Duck
soup and Lupron and Pred have taken her as far as they can and now, we
fear, the time has come to do the right thing and send her over the
Bridge for her new strong body and wings.

Today, at a little past noon our vet helped us make the right decision
and we let her go. She is now at rest with Max, Bonnie and Flower under
a Honey Mesquite tree that overlooks the Dragoon Mountains and the
Cochise Stronghold. She soars in good company.

Gigs, a DEW, came to us as a rescue 5 years ago when she was 2. She has
always been the most active little girl we have had.all 1.5 pounds of
her. She was a Mighty Mite to be sure, always there to roll over for
a belly scratch or tickle. She never bit or nipped and had the most
docile personality a ferret could have, yet she was the matriarch of
our "business". Only in the last week did she slow dramatically. The
"energizer bunny" in her had faded and she slept constantly. When
she was up, her tail was fluffed.an obvious sign that she was in
distress/pain. We are so happy that she made it through the holidays
and got to welcome the new year with her 7 buds.

She was a special little girl and Wing Nut, her closest "sister" and
age mate will dearly miss her antics, as will we all. But she is headed
for distant shores where fair winds and following seas will guide her
new course. God speed little one and say hi to Bubba, ABBA the Dancing
Queen, Blizzard, Bodie (the Ghost), BonBon, Flower, Beeper, Max,
Bonnie, PAL, Clyde, Casio, Bounder and rest of our pack who have
already crossed the Bridge. If you get the time, be sure and look for
us in the reflecting pool. We need to know you are safe and sound.

Here's to feathers in the aire, fins in the water and TAILS in the tall
summer grass.till we meet again in the not too distant future. I'll
certainly miss your contented soft sighs as you snuggled at my feet
under the covers.

Putorius, CP and your 7 mates left here behind.