Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 21:42:44 -0800
Augh... Onyx really does have a propensity for scaring the living daylights
out of me.  This is what, the 3rd, 4th major scare she's given me?

She's moved beyond major appliances and is now just trying to age me
prematurely, I'm sure.

I've been just about glued to the computer the last couple of days, working
on figuring out assorted tax things; playing with the fuzzies has been a
very very welcome break opportunity!

Anyway, I was working away this evening after having spent some "buddy"
time with the kids (my computer is in the FFZ, sigh) when I became aware
of hearing this really weird plastic scratchy sorta noise.  I listened to
it for at least a couple minutes (I was up to my eyeballs in Publication
535 at the time) when it finally dawned on me to wonder just what WAS my
cat getting into?!?!

So I got up and went into the living room.  Well, it was not my cat at all
(probably what woke me up to in in the first place) but my dear, dear BRAT
of an Onyx girl... who was almost invisible except for the end of her tail,
happily deep inside a *WILD BIRDFOOD* bag that was sitting right by the
front door!

I couldn't decide whether to faint on the spot or drop-kick the bag and the
ferret across the room (just kidding!!!!!!!!) so I compromised by snatching
her away out of the bag and cuddling her and getting about a zillion kisses
as I carried her back to the safe area.  (She pried up a corner of the
barrier....sigh, I may have to screw it down completely and permanently.)

I then proceeded to give her as much Petromalt as I could get her to
accept, she'll probably have the runs tonight and tomorrow but I can only
imagine what might otherwise happen....aughhh.................. I'm going
to keep a close eye on her for the next couple of days, if anything seems
amiss I will separate her from the others and put her in the big carrier
to track her poops more closely.  I am hoping she didn't eat any of that
blasted stuff, but, ugh!!!

Meanwhile, Grover's tail is looking worse and worse.  Once the high wind
warnings die down he's in to the vet.  Sigh.

Megan and
 Grover (I don' need to go to the vet, mom, really... see, look,
         I'll wardance and dook for you and everything! See???)
 Onyx (But the birdseed smelled really weird and fun, mom!!! Why
       kiss me like dat?)
 Loki G. (Come here, I want to kiss you!)
 Satinka (No no, you don't tell them to come here, you just go there
          and CLIMB them. Silly Loki!)
 Cherry (Can I have another Craisin, ma??)
plus...
 Cinnebar the cat (make a lap, here I come! hey this tax stuff is great,
                   I get laps all the time now!!!)