From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:49:55 -0500
Could someone re-post the contact information for those who wanted to send
mail in support of Deano staying with his family?  Somehow, several of the
mails I had in my inbox were deleted before I could answer them, and the
FML with Deano's story was among the deleted messages.  If someone could
get me the addresses, I'd be grateful.

Regarding Angora ferrets, does anyone know whether there are Angora mixes
in the U.S.?  The reason I ask is because my boy Crysin has the longest,
softest fur of any ferret I've seen in "person." He somewhat resembles the
pictures of Angora ferrets that I've seen.  Unfortunately, I don't know
where he was born because he was given to me by a friend from out of state
who had to give him up when her parents moved to Florida (she was living in
the dorm at her university and couldn't keep him there).  I do know that
she got him from a pet store somewhere in or around Nashville, TN.  I'm
pretty sure he isn't a full Angora, but his coat is so lush I wonder if
maybe he couldn't have some Angora in his bloodline.

For the Person of the Year, I would like to nominate Sam.  She does so much
to promote the welfare of ferrets with her "Ferrets in Need" website, and
she appears on the FML often with informative posts.  And don't we all
enjoy looking at her kit pics? :)   I must say, though, that there are a
number of people who come to mind who deserve the title of Ferret Hero.
Sam is just the first of those who haven't been nominated yet to pop to
mind.  I know the voting is going to be tough when all the nominations are
in.

Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, and Crysin
"Not knowing everything is all that makes it ok, sometimes."
            --Delirium of the Endless
              from Neil Gaiman's _Brief Lives_