Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:45:36 -0500
I just want to thank MAFF for a GREAT Halloween event!

My boyfriend and I attended together, along with Renee.  We had the
privilege of meeting Donna of the Educated Ferret the night before and
seeing the WONDERFUL baked goods she had made for the event.  She made a
beautiful two layer wedding cake with handmade ferret bride and groom as
a topper ... and a TON of baked goods including zucchini bread, cookies
and cakes of all sorts!

The day of the frolic, Lynn Barker in Texas helped us to figure out how
to get there (hehehehehe..  don't ask!), and we arrived at the event in
suburban Massachusetts on a BEAUTIFUL, sunny fall day.  (It was so warm..
you could almost have worn shorts!) The hall was beautiful and the setup
was great!

Phyllis had put together a lovely PowerPoint presentation celebrating
ferrets and their owners which opened the event.  (She had done a lovely
Rainbow Bridge tribute PowerPoint presentation which played at the end of
the show as well!)

The events were outstanding ... a very talented member had made a
wonderful ferret maze out of dryer tubes, a large Rubbermaid box with
dividers and a ferret playpen ..  it was awesome!  Some of the ferrets
made it ALMOST to the end of the maze .. and then turned around and ran
straight back to the finish!

So, there was the maze event, and the tube race, ferret bowling, costume
contest (Donna had made a WONDERFUL bridal gown for her ferret and the
other winners were a lovable "sailor" ferret and a beautiful "witch"
ferret!)  There was a HUGE ferret playland on stage, complete with tubes
with "peepholes" running up and down the walls!

Noah was crowned the MAFF ferret for 2005 and was very gracious through
his coronation ceremony (complete with robe and crown!).  Renee and Donna
dressed as Bear Ferretwise in a wonderful, full-size costume with a huge
ferret tail ..  they were adorable!  The food court was GREAT ... lots of
selections, and lots of baked goods and treats!

The Ferret Fairy did a WONDERFUL job of assisting everything all day,
and I admired Bob Church and Phyllis for their great work keeping things
flowing smoothly and relatively on time.  The vendors had wonderful
items ..  I bought some beautiful "Euro" type stickers (the oval ones)
for my car ..  one says "Dook" and the other has a ferret silhouette
from Stephanie.

Ferretwise has some BEAUTIFUL handmade mugs with ferrets as handles
(leaning over the edge and looking over the top of the cup!) and matching
spillproof ferret bowls!  There was a ferret photographer and a vendor
who made beautiful ferret playtowers, a vendor with WONDERFUL handmade
ferret figurines (including a Bob Church figurine in Hawaiian shirt), and
The Ferret Store had a selection of ferret food samples.

I particularly want to thank those who donated auction items.  I felt
very lucky to win three of the Chinese auction items and I LOVE them!!!
I appreciate your generoisty, without which I wouldn't have these lovely
items for my ferrets to enjoy!  :->

Thank you to EVERYONE ..  I loved it!  Next year, I hope to make it back
for the MAFF Renaissance Ferret Faire in October!  :->

- Ela

    (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
    ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483