Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 02:46:31 -0400
Nutrition.....
My little one has began to show significant signs of hair loss over her
plevis and hair thinning over her shoulders....She does not have fleas...I
am a vet-tech who is about to begin my Masters in Veterinary Parasitiology...
Neither me nor the staff vets at the clinic think this is some external
parasite problem...We thougth this may be an adrenal gland problem, but now
we are thinking more along the lines of diet...She was raised on IAMS kitten
food and is now fed Health Blend Adult Cat food (she is 2 and a half years
old).  One reason why she is one the HB is because of its low fat content...
(since this is the 90's, low fat is good right....maybe not in this case).
From what I have read most ferret foods have a high fat content.... We have
decided to try a change in diet to see if the higher fat containing ferret
foods will help her dry itchy skin condition....Temporarily, we are going to
treat her topically with a skin moisturizing spray.  Until the food kicks in

QUESTION: What is the best ferret food out there?  What should I look for
when I am reading the "back" of a ferret food bag?

Please email me [log in to unmask]

Thank you
Lance