From:
Leanna Aker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 00:58:30 -0800
Once again, I wish to speak in defense of WFRS.

I have adopted 5 ferrets and fostered 2 others for my total business of
7 ferrets.  WFRS has at its front desk the business cards of at least 2
vets that I can remember, so I know for certain that they are not
advocating just Cathy as a vet.

Unless someone is intimately involved, they cannot speak certainly about
the issue that was brought up on this list approximately a month ago.
But I will say that I have begun to volunteer at the shelter in terms of
scooping boxes, etc.  I have seen no evidence of biased preference toward
Cathy Johnson-Delaney....but if there were, what of that?  Shelters have
preferred vets for a number of reasons!!!

I have never met Cathy, and nor have I met the people who are proposing
negligence or lesser crimes.  But what I can say is that I have
encountered no bias toward vets, no abnormal referrals, and nothing odd
in the care at the shelter.  I have had conversations about ferrets and
ferret health with at least 4 volunteers, all of whom I would deem to
have given me intelligent, correct advice.  Furthermore, on a basal
level, the shelter is clean with ample volunteers.

Another perspective,
-Leanna

Aromatic plants bestow no spicy fragrance while they grow; but crush'd
or trodden to the ground, diffuse their balmy sweets around. -Oliver
Goldsmith