From:
Mirthful Mayhem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 23:35:42 +0100
Hello

I've been writing about my little Angel who probably has some sort of liver
disease.  My vet might want to operate next week, Angel is on diuretics to
help get rid of the ascites.

What I want to know is about what she'll need, Sukie Crandall wrote that the
liver can bleed a lot and that I should have some "blood donors" around.
What about the stuff they use as a blood substitute?  Can anybody let me
know about that?  Because it did look like there were some growths around
Angel's liver.  Is it safe to remove growths?  I don't know much about the
liver, would it grow new tissue?  What medication would Angel need?  Any
special diet?  I saw that my vet has low protein tinned cat food but Angel
doesn't like tinned food.

If anybody ever had a ferret with liver disease or an operation on the
liver, could you please let me know about your experience?  Thanks.

Ulrike and kids

--
http://homepages.primex.co.uk/~ferret/