From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 02:18:11 +0100
didnt post the full correspondance here as there are to date 3 letters, and
to follow it properly I thin you really need to read all 3.  The last one I
sent is fairly long winded (seems I have to spell it out to the rspca ...
like to a stubborn child) and I didnt want to clutter up the list with it,
the url I gave for the site that I have posted it on is a direct link to
the right page within my site, I did that knowing how much I hate being
directed to the "front door" of a site and then have to dig for one piece
of imfo.

That url again is www.furkidz.org.uk/boe.htm
the RSPCA contact details are....
Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Causeway
Horsham
West Sussex
RH12 1HG
United Kingdom.

I have heard that e-mails get a standard response so it may be better to
put it in writing the old fashioned way...lol The problem with sueing as I
understand it is that the society is percived as a powerful entity, when
they prosecute anyone for cruelty it is a PRIVATE prosecution as they are
not a "Crown Body", Most lawyers wouldnt want to take them on in court,
seeing it as a losing battle.  I too am sure it is against common law for
them to destroy a pet in that manner.  I would certainly prosecute were the
pet part of my household, even if I had to fight the case myself in court,
even if it only got publicity for the situation.

I would be tempted to challenge your local human society publicly on that,
I am sure someone on this list knows someone who could refute that from a
professional standpoint, but as far as I am aware, the statistics published
in the u.s would seem to give a lie to that one.  We know the poor fuzzy is
misunderstood and overlooked by many..  so its up to us to stand up for our
furbabies !!

love 'n' stuff
Cris Page...... the motley crew Scruffy (buffle burger), Pip (li'l madam),
Felix (Microsoft), Thrupence (3p) Cassie (slapper) and.... Bubbles (even
lost in a sea of cats... its nice being a first ferret..  I get away with
MURDER *grin*)