From:
Chris Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:05:41 -0700
>...So - does ANYONE have any ideas on how to keep them from burrowing
>in the pee pads/newspaper and/or pottying in the one corner? I would
>really appreciate it...

Melissa Hi!

I gave up on the litter pans being in the cages. The four I have just
move them away from the corners and go in the corners. So what I have
done is get the small animal litter Carefresh Bedding, it can be found
at pet smart, petco, and many other pet stores as well as online. It is
a shredded, but very soft paper by product, and I have found it absorbs
the orders better than anything else I have tried. Now what I do is
fill the entire bottom of my cages with it and the gang seems to pick
one or some times two corners to go in. I scoop about every other day
and have a couple times gone three days, and the order was still
absorbed well. Anyway, I scoop the feces and the wet litter out and
push over some of the other litter to those now bare spots and add
more to the mix. I find that they do not go in the front of the cages
or where I put the food this way, and it is easier than regular paper
or as your using pee pads. Anyway wish you luck.

Chris & Patrick Mayer and the fuzzie gang...Nicki the cat, Ramas
(My itty bitty Polar Bear fuzzie), Aurelius (The Brave Fuzzie), Tiny
(The not so tiny), and Sheena (The Queen)the ferrets.