From:
TS Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:08:34 -0600
I have a special request from my nephew, Zach. His grandpa Gerry (My
bro in law's dad) was diagnosed with esophageal cancer just before
Christmas. The Tuesday after Christmas, he had surgery to remove the
mass. He is still recovering from the surgery and once he is done with
that part, he will start the chemo & radiation treatments. (I believe
they said it would be about 10 wks? I don't recall 100% on that... I
just know it's going to be a while.)

Last night, Zach sent me this email...

hi im emailing you about my grandpa gerry. He is a little in the dumps
because he cant take his tupe out yet and stuff and I was wondering if
you could use your little posse of friends, like you did with grandma
pat and have them send him cards of incouragement. address is 196
Meadowlark Lane Pineville, MO 64856. thanks you if you can.

Three years ago, I made a similar request on behalf of my stepmom,
Pat Meyers, who was battling leukemia... a fight she lost, sadly.
The response to my request then was... amazing.

I told Zach I would put the word out. So... anyone who's interested in
sending a note or card... or whatever. Some words of encouragement,
that would be very greatly appreciated.

Gerry Mentzer
196 Meadowlark Lane
Pineville, MO 64856

Thanks...

Tammy & The War Weasels (And Zach)

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...