From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:44:00 -0400
Dear Eydie,

I am speechless.

The beautiful words you have written about me touched me deeply.  I don't
know what to say.  Thank you very, very much.

All I can tell you, and everyone else, is that I am nothing special, just a
simple fuzzy-lover.  I do this because I **love** doing it.  I don't do it
for praise, respect, admiration, fame or fortune, I do it for the little
fuzzy kisses.  That is worth more to me than all the fame and fortune in the
world.

Alot of the things I have learned I have learned the hard way or through
intensive and exhausting search.  If I can help even one fuzzy-child through
an experience or some knowledge I can share, I am more than happy to do it.
It doesn't matter to me if the ferret I am able to help is in New Mexico,
New York, Ohio, Calgary, Australia, or in my own living room, I am truly
rewarded just to hear that a little one somewhere that I offered a
suggestion about, is recovering or the problem was solved in some way, and
the little one is feeling better and can soon go back to being a bouncing,
happy, carefree fuzzball again.

Eydie, you are a very special person to me.  I am honored to have you as a
friend and a part of my life.  YOU are the one to be patted on the back for
**seeking out** the information that has led you to where you are now.  Just
helping in some small way with your rescues makes me happier than you can
imagine.  Withouth YOU those kids would be... well, I don't even want to
think about where they would be.  The point is YOU have changed their lives
for the better....not me.  I have only been a "tool", a source of
information, some good, and with some things I have just had to say "I don't
know", but we have gotten these kids through it all *together*, with YOU
being the more important one, because you were right there with them, and
YOU MADE THE PHONE CALL.

Kiss all the kids for me, okay.

Love,

Trish