From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:29:02 -0500
Sandy DeBout wrote:
>Several people had commented they had difficulty finding clear dryer hose.
>I buy it from Atcoflex, Inc.

They're a manufacturer, not a retail outlet.  When I spoke with them, they
would only sell tubing in full cases of 9 20-foot tubes, and they were
reluctant to sell it to me until I told them it was a fundraiser for the
WNYFLFA shelter.  I have a feeling they don't want to deal with 147
different ferret people calling up.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be selfish or deny anyone else the
ability to order the hoses themselves.  I just don't want to tick off the
manufacturer and prevent anyone from getting it.  So please, be nice to
them, and if you only want one or two hoses, ask your local shelter,
WNYFLFA, or the hardware store mentioned in the FAQ.  (I also saw the stuff
for sale in one of the standard ferret catalogs, maybe Ferret Outfitters?,
but at a slightly higher price.)

CJ Enland asked:
>What is DOOKA?

It's the chuckling-burbling noise they make when they're happy or excited.

An anon poster asked:
>I was wondering if it is safe to vaccinate ferrets for both distemper and
>rabies at the same time.

Many ferret people, and at least one vaccine manufacturer -- I think it's
Rhone-Merieux -- recommends spacing them by a couple of weeks, since it
seems to reduce the chances of a reaction.  Apart from that, it should be
fine to give the two vaccinations at the same time.

Nikki wrote:
>what are the types of shots they need(specific names)
>also I live in Milwaukee ,Wi does anyone know of a reputable ferret vet?

FerVac-D or Fromm-D canine distemper vaccine.  Galaxy-D is an okay third
choice.  For kits, shots at 8, 12 and 16 weeks, then yearly.  For adults
whose vaccinations are overdue, two shots, 3 weeks apart.  Imrab-3 rabies
vaccine at 14 weeks, then yearly.  No other vaccinations are necessary.  See
the FAQ for more information.

To find a nearby vet, look in the STAR* database, at
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/for-others/databsae.html

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>