From:
Lisa Weisensale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:25:10 EDT
Hello FML'ers;

I just wanted to make a quick post about the Homeless Pet Video that
Veronica posted.  It was beautiful.  Thank you Veronica for posting
it; and Thank You BIG for allowing it.  It left me with a lump in my
throught.  I donate to many animal/pet charities and often feel that it
isn't enough.  Our pets are very lucky to have homes as good as the ones
we provide them.  I only wish I could win the lottery, buy some farm land
and solve this problem.  Why is it that people can be so careless and
selfish?  Why is it that people can toss away pets like garbage with no
remorse?  I will never understand.  Videos like these are sad, but
unfortunetly reality.  I hate reality!

I have yet to buy a ferret from a store; all have been rescues...and I
have had 8 ferrets so far.  They may be lucky to have crossed my path
in life and found a forever home but I am luckier to have experienced
companionship and helped, even if a tiny bit, in fighting this epedimic.
If you haven't seen the video yet please do; it's well worth it.

Thanks again.

Lisa