From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 02:47:40 EDT
Hey and Dooks to the furkids !

Well, started integrating Muttley and the other newbie, DOOKESBURY <Like,
just call him "Dooks!"> with the rest of the group.  Muttley and Dooks get
along together just fine.  They share the upper tier of the cage.  I give
them play time by themselves to get used to the surroundings.

Attempt 1 - I let some of the smaller kids (Prissy, Cuddles, Furrice) and
then the seniors (Lacey, Simon) out one at a time.  They seemed to be doing
quite well.  The prob started when I let out my albino female Sprite.  She
great pleasure in throwing Muttley around like a rag doll and terrorizing
Dooks.  Figgering the newbies had had enough, I went to pick up Dooks to
put him in the cage <YEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!>.  Okay,
next time I wear leather gloves.

Attempt 2 - started out the same.  Only the larger kids figured they wanted
some attention too.  I had forgotten to put the lock on the cage door and
they busted out.  The larger kids (Cinna, Socks, Hershey - all 3-4lbs), and
Sprite (maybe 1lb) all piled on Dooks and started going to town like they
were drawing and quartering him.  Okay - went to rescue him again
<YEEEOOOWWWCCCHHH!!!>.  Dammit!!  Need THICKER leather gloves <sigh>.

Attempt 3 - Let littler kids out to play, all was well.  Put Dooks back in
cage with door open in case he wanted to join in.  Let all kids out.  Dooks
watched for a while and started to climb out of cage.  I took Dooks out and
held him while sitting on floor.  Dooks seemed pretty calm.  He sat in my
lap for a while watching other kids <promising>.  Then Dooks jumped from my
lap and started to run and dook with others (oh, yes, yes yes!!!)

Happiness was short lived.  Larger kids started to pounce on him.  He did a
great job of evading and defending himself.  I was just about to break it
up when Dooks broke free, LAUNCHED himself onto Sprite, took out a chunk of
her fur then ran to the cage, climbed up to the side door (about 5' up) and
went inside the cage.

Sprite appeared to be shocked at the nerve of what Dooks did.  I, ummm -
well, was kinda impressed.  Dooks was a bit scared and hissed at me a few
times when I reached into the cage.  Didn't bite me though <whew!>.  The
cage door remains open in case he decides to venture out again.  I did try
to close it but he began pawing and biting at it.  Well, guess I'll leave
the option open to him.

Keeping my hopes up <and the iodine close>

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
Featuring
~~THE~~FANTASTIC~~FUZZY~~FLURRY~~OF~~FOURTEEN~~
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal~Miss Priss~
Cinna~Racer~Muttley~Dookesbury~
Guest STAR - ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Cast Appearance by - Min-Pins Geordi , Jaida, and Spice
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and
fellow ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, and ~Bandit~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!