From:
Dean and Becky DeGeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:28:34 -0700
I'm not sure if many people on this list remember, but about five years
ago one of my ferrets, Pixie, used to write back and forth with a ferret
named Dodger (Da Dodge).  It only went on for a few months, because he
was taken by Juvenile Lymphoma.

It is with absolute heartbreak that I write to tell you that Pixie has
gone to meet her friend at the Rainbow Bridge.  She went in to the vet
today for bloodwork and a dental, and never woke up.  She stopped
breathing about half-way through, and they weren't able to get her back.
We haven't decided yet if we'll do a necropsy to find out what happened
(if we can).

She was an adorable sable ferret with silver "pixie dust" on her tummy,
and white knees (though she was starting to turn very gray).  She was
only 6 1/2 years old, and in such good health I was more worried about
her bloodwork than the dental.  Whoever is greeting ferrets at the
bridge, please make sure she finds her sister, Cinnamon, and her brothers
Coke, Chitterbox, and Yozum.  Please also make sure she finds Da Dodge.

Bright Blessings,

Becky
with Kodi-Bear, Twizzler, and Tanner
missing Cinnamon, Coke, Pixie, Chitterbox, and Yozum