Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 04:16:50 EDT
>Also, she'll nibble on me the way she nibbles herself when she has an
>itch-- not biting, but sort of chattering her teeth against me.  Anyone
>else's ferrets do this?  Any idea why?

I missed the original post, but just caught this quote.  I don't have
any ferrets that do this, but my dog does.  It's a mutual grooming
behavior (a method of bonding), and I would regard it as the highest of
compliments.  It's odd to think of those solitary polecats having mutual
grooming behaviors, but I'm sure it's possible.  You can even catch it in
goats if you watch them long enough.  :-)

Kara & 20 ferkids