From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 09:08:16 -0700
Hope this gets out in time:

FOr those of you that are interested in the proposal to rename
alt.pets.ferrets to rec.pets.ferrets and make it a moderated Usenet group,
there will be another IRC chat on saturday night (5/24) at 7pm Central Time.
It will be on irc.warnerbros.com (port 6667) on channel #FERRETS.  We're
nearing the point where we'll be introducing the full text of the Request
for Discussion to the internet ferret community.  Your input and support is
needed to help limit the spamming that has plagued the current newsgroup and
increase propogation ( the availability of the newsgroup to the public).
Hope to see you there.
--
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Website: http://ferret.chi.il.us/ferret/