From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:01:04 EDT
Hi all:

Chere McCoy here from Ferret Friends of Indian River County.

First to ask anyone out there.  We have a MAJOR mold and mildew problem
on the ceilings.  These are the typical ceiling in mobile homes.  Is
there a spray or something I can use to wipe it out.  Today we pulled
down some of the plastic panel in the drop ceiling in the kitchen and we
are more damaged than we thought.  Any advice here would be extremely
helpful - I don't want the ferrets to get sick.

Today's activities.

Off to the grocery store AGAIN.  Was there for over and hour and only got
18 things.  Shelves aren't very well stocked which is not surprising as
no one in Indian River County or Vero Beach, had electricity for anywhere
from 7 - 14 days.  Got enough food for 3 days.

3 days and counting till the insurance people come.  We found out we
have a deductible of $500.00 much better than our neighbors!  Figure we
have several thousand dollars worth of damage.

GOOD NEWS, My two Saturday shelter volunteers (Laura 13 & Carley 9), came
today and helped with the ferrets.  Massive ear cleaning and toenail
trimming -- the ferrets love them and all the ferts have to have their
ears and toenails done once a week.  The girls also helped me clean
cages.

Larry spent all day on the phone with various agencies (our student had
his short cross county to do).  Got lots of information some of it even
helpful.

Haven't heard from HSUS yet so one of two things.  Ferret And Dove people
are O.K.  and the HSUS moved on and I will get a message or phone call
later; or they haven't reached the area yet.

The TV came on today so the ferrets got to listen to the classical music
station.

Sorry I am rambling but have averaged about 5 to 6 hours of sleep at
night since the 3rd of September and I am totally exhausted.

DH and I didn't have to do any emergency rescues today -- thank heavens!

We just don't know what Jeanne is going to do as that storm is wobbling
but we aren't going to take stuff back to the storage shed until we are
sure.

Larry says I display my stress by being and Iceaholic.  I buy a bag of
Ice each day and stick it in the freezer and rotate one from the freezer
to cooler.

Thanks for all your help -- we do still need donations so you can send
them through paypal to Agedog1 or to the address below.

Almost forgot picked up the kids Heartworm med from the vet today so they
are all set for their dose due 1 October.

Pray for all of those affected by Hurricane Ivan and Hurricane Frances.

Night Night

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614