From:
Pink Ferret List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 06:53:36 -0700
Hi All!

Sometimes it's better to buy direct from a manufacturer, as they get
better shipping rates, may not have fancy packaging like in a retail
outlet, the food is guaranteed fresh, etc -- all the things that save
you time and money in the long run.

Totally Ferret | Performance Foods
http://totallyferret.com
Totally FerretR Active Show Pet 30 lb | $69.00
Shipping: Free over $75

Mazuri | PMI Nutrition International (Purina)
https://www.mazuri.com
Mazuri Ferret Diet 25 lb | $37.49
Shipping: Around $30

I'm not a shelter, but I do currently have 3 ferrets and am fostering 4
new guys. So, 7 ferrets all seem to like the Totally Ferret just fine -
and a large bag for 7 lasts a long time, even when making large
quantities of kibble-based duck soup for 1 sick one.

Also, if you are feeding your ferrets cat food, please look into
these suppliers, as this is a great way to get your ferret on a
more nutritionally balanced diet for pretty cheap. =)

A good way to store large bags of kibble such as these is to break them
down into smaller, more manageable bags. One solution is to invest in
large air tight plastic bins, where you can dump the whole thing in
and then scoop it out as you need. A less cost-effective way is to use
1-gallon zip lock bags and store the bags that aren't in use in a cool
place in the home, like a pantry or bottom cupboard (with child-proof
locks on the cupboard doors, of course!) -- The last one is what I am
currently doing and I can tell the food stays pretty fresh even after
a couple months.

Thinking of the animals (and the humans that love them),
Brandi L. Pierce

Pink Ferret Online Resource
P.O. Box 2134
Renton, WA 98056