From:
Fuzzies-r-Us <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:27:13 -0500
My husband and I lost our sweet little boy Ricky today.  He passed away
suddenly after a brief illness.  He was wrapped in a towel, cuddled against
David's chest, warm and comfy when he just stopped fighting, took his last
breath and left us.

Ricky was 5 1/2 years old and the younger brother of Bandit, who crossed
the Bridge this past October.  We adopted him and Bandit in July of 1998
and they were both two of the lovingest boys you could imagine.

Ricky was a lover.  He lived to be cuddled, kissed and talked to.  He was
my baby who would follow me around, begging for attention which I gave him
gladly.  Although now, it just doesn't seem like enough.

He was the handsomest boy I'd ever seen, dark sable with a beautiful shape
and shiney eyes.  He was a regular Romeo.  And the biggest coward in the
bunch.  Our littlest ferret girl would look at him and he'd bury his head
under his towel until she went away or until mommy or daddy picked him up
to cuddle and love.

Ricky loved playing in plastic bags, paper bags, anything he could hide
in ... a coat or a sweater left on the floor was instant fair game ... you
always had to do a "Ricky-Check" before picking anything up as more often
than not he'd be curled up asleep in it.  And when you took him out, he'd
give you this bewildered "But Moooooooooooooooooom!" look.

I'm going to miss that look so much ...

My little clown, my sweetheart ... he missed his big brother Bandit
something awful when he crossed.  The only thing that makes this any better
is knowing that they're together again ... dooking and chasing each other.
But my arms are empty at the moment ... they're no handsome face peeking
out of the sleeve of the sweater I purposely left on the floor.  My nose
isn't being covered in kisses ...

Ricky-bug ... our handsome boy ... we love you, we miss you.  Be at peace
little man.

Tonia, David and the Gang of 6 (so sad ...)