From:
jennifer hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:46:16 -0400
Hello all,

Some of you may know me.  We have five ferret children-Frankie, Charlie,
Julia, Cailin, and Sammy.  Frankie is my oldest at a year and a half.
Sammy is my youngest at 7 months.  I just love and adore my "children".
In addition to these kids, we also have a cat-Toby, and a dog-Wolfie.
Now, my girls (Julia, and Cailin) and my Sammy boy insist on digging at
our carpet in our apartment, especially around the bedroom doors.  My
Frankie and Charlie are angels in this department (they like to jump from
the sofa or recliner onto the end tables or coffee table and check out
the goods to see if there's anything worth taking and hiding) but the
other three are absolute terrors.  I am looking for suggestions to keep
them from doing this, I feel bad for them when they have time outs.
I give them 5-10 minutes (depends on which offense it is that day) in
their cage when they do it (they don't have run of the house all the
time, just for a few hours each day) and my fiance gives them a minimum
of 15 minutes each, sometimes just puts them back if they start to dig.
I want them to have time out of their cage and enjoy themselves, but I
don't want the carpet continually dug up, it looks terrible and is going
to be costly.  Please give me any suggestions, I'll try anything.

Thanks a lot,
Jen and her bunch of ferrets.