From:
"Quality Ferrets Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:49:36 -0400
This message is in reply to the person asking about the best way to ship a
ferret.

When we ship our ferrets we send them Delta Dash.

Delta Dash is a counter to counter service.  You simply drop off your ferret
in an airline approved carrier 1 hr before the scheduled flight.  Then Delta
flies the ferret to the destination you desire.  Tell Delta that you want
the ferret to be picked up at the ticket counter.  Some airports have
special Delta Dash counters where your ferret can be picked up.

The cost for shipping Delta Dash is $102 for up to 70lbs. Delta's number
is: 1-800-352-2746 This is for the Delta Dash service.

Also when you ship animals between states you need to have a health
certificate from a veterinarian ensuring that you are shipping a healthy
animal.  What needs to be on the health certificate varies from state to
state.  You can contact your states agricultural department, they know
exactly what needs to be on the health certificate.  A health cerificate at
our veterinarian costs $32.00.

I am very happy with Delta Dash and the way they handle our ferrets.  Delta
keeps the ferrets in an airconditioned area before they get on the plane,
and also inbetween flights they keep them nice and cool.  Also, all animals
are shipped in a climate controlled and pressurized compartment in the
aircraft.

Lars Eriksson                 http://erau.db.erau.edu/~erikssol/ferrets.html
Quality Ferrets Inc.          [log in to unmask]