From:
"McLaughlin,Sharon;DSENPRS,LM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:51:00 DST
Forgive me if you ahve been through this topic already.  The Television
show I was watching may have been a repeat.

Last Night (8/10) I was watching Animal Planet when the show Wild Rescues
came on.  I really got into the show.  There was a woman named Pat Derby
from P.A.W.S.  Wild Animal Rescue (I Didnt catch where its located).  She
was really making sense about all these poor abused Wild animals are being
mistreated and then when they grow up they are being abandoned by people
who thought they were "cute" pets when they were young.  Tigers, Elephants,
Monkeys etc..  UNTIL there was a camera pan to a 2 story cage with 2
adorable sable ferrets in it.  Then she says ans I quote..  "People go
crazy over ferrets, But people have no idea what kind of damage a ferret
can do to children" "Wild animlas are not meant to be kept as pets" I WAS
SEEING RED!!  This one less than a minute long segment on the ferret has
now taken away everything the ferret community has been trying to do!!  I
thought this lady was smart and respectabnle from the program until that.
She is just as uninformed and oblivios to ferrets as anyone else and she
runs a Wild Life Rescue!!!  It just makes me wonder if everything the
"Ferret People" are trying to do is in vain.  I am so discouraged.

TY Beanies..  I suggested about a year ago on their web site that they make
a Ferret called "Friendly".

Sharon, Woobie and Princess
http://members.aol.com/smaccie/ferret.html