From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 15:54:09 EST
Hi.  I've been writing recently on Jitterbug, and she is doing excellent.
She actually gained back the weight she lost and MORE!  For a long time I
have been thinking about getting another ferret, since Jitterbug is an
"only child."  But first I have a couple of questions:

1. Currently Jitterbug seems to dominate over me, and sometimes bites
other family members.  My veterinarian says she does this because she
thinks I am her companion.  Would getting another ferret help or make
worse this problem?

2. Sometimes Jitterbug is "naughty" and digs at the carpet underneath the
dressers and sofa.  My mother is afraid that getting another ferret would
mean that there would be 2 ferrets digging, while I've been told by other
people that getting her a friend would make her become less bored and she
would most likely stop this habit.  What would you think?

3. If all comes together and I do get another ferret, I would like to get
one from a shelter.  Does anyone know of any shelters near Buffalo or
jamestown, NY?  I've received mail from some shelters a few hours away, but
if I do get another ferret I want to make the trip as short as possible.

Thankyou and I'd appreciate any feedback on my questions!