From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:42:21 -0600
I now have Sammy in my arms!  It is amazing that people can laugh and cry at
the same time.  Sammy is not doing as well as I was let (or allowed myself)
to believe.  He is having black-tar type stools (blood in his stools), he
can not control his bowels, and he has dropped almost half of his body
weight in 10 days.

I am hand feeding him and going to have to hydrate him for the next few days
at least.  I am really worried about him.  He is so weak that he can barely
stand.  He can not support himself when he tries to stand up.

Once he got in my arms and then in the truck and was instantly mobbed by
Doris and Buddy, he seemed to perk up a little bit.  All appearances point
to a right adrenal tumor and Insulinoma.  The vet wants to operate as soon
as Sammy is healthy enough to survive the surgery.

I will write a little more tomorrow.  I just wanted to get this out in time
for tomorrow's FML.

Goodnight all.

Jason, Sammy, Doris, and Buddy
ICQ # 7528859 (Sammy's Dad)