Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:04:06 -0700
Beautifully said Marlene- we too have taken in ferrets ( and other
animals) from people who were terminally ill, or otherwise compromised
beyond their control and guaranteed to care for them the rest of their
lives- these animals have been doted upon and cared for very well- it
does break the owner's hearts to surrender them, but they do it to
ensure the animals have quality care -

Ari is a 9+ yr old ferret we currently have came to us from a woman
facing harsh cancer treatments & hospitalization (Ari's cage mates
Raz & Buddy ahve since passed- Raz had adrenal and Buddy had severe
stroke, her other pet Hedges an elderly hedgehog is still with us.)

Ari has adrenal and is benefitting from melatonin implants, but due to
her advanced age we are pretty much providing hospice. The former owner
had rescued Ari from a drug dealer and even took her to Disney World on
vacation! What a fantastic person!

I secodn that not all surrenders are from bad owners-

Beth
www.crittercamp.biz