Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:03:13 -0800
Haven't posted for quite awhile, but wanted to share about my buds new
home.  It's a 'Quality Cage Co.' cage (qualitycage.com), but I hate using
that word "cage"!  We all know as soon as we get it, it becomes 'a home'!!

Anyhow, I purchased the 1st & 2nd story, but skipped the stand for now due
to lack of funds. The stand may be useful in the future, making it easier to
move their home about . . . it's so-o-o- big but they don't seem to mind! It
seems just a bit too big for 2 fuzzbutts . . . famous last words before
'ferret-math' strikes! I have to say that the picture at the website doesn't
do it justice, it's actually a whole lot of 'real-estate'! Their new home
has a five different doors on the two levels which allows for great access
(when trying to clean up or just get a 'fur-fix'), and the two levels can be
separated by clipping the ramp to the second level up onto the 'roof' of the
first level; it's made to do this. I hope that's not too confusing but it
seems to be a useful feature to be able to separate the guys if one is ill
(Jake has insulinoma and is doing fine but sometimes needs to get away, and
Molly is just 1 year old and she can be a monster!). I also like that each
level has a 'second level', which actually forms a 'box'. I plan to add
carpet to the sides of the 'box' in order to make a nice dark, private area
 ... someplaces for the guys to hide and curl up.  The only drawback is
that the floors of each level are wire-mesh, although they're the narrow
gauge you see in most cages.  This isn't a problem for me, 'cause I enjoy
modifying their home and have already added linoleum and carpet pieces.
Boy, how we luv to spoil these guys!  I guess there's worse things in the
world to be obsessed with!  :o)

Best wishes to All,

Garry