From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 22:49:27 -0500
Kyla's suffered a major set back.

The other night, we let her out to play.  We lost track of Kian and he
pounced on her.  He was trying to wrestle with her, and she lost it
completely.  She's now terrified of everyone and everything.  Two weeks, if
not two months worth of work, bot here and at the shelter, are gone.  I only
hope I can regain the lost ground quickly.

She's still frightened of being picked up, but will lie still in our arms
once we have her.  She's relaxing a little and will approach if no one
reaches down to pick her up.  So I think we are regaining that ground.

I'm also going to correct another mistake.  She was being kept with another
ferret who was blind.  We didn't take realise how much she had bonded with
him.  I'm going to adopt him.  It was a mistake to separate them.

Needless to say, my integration plans are shelve for the next couple of
months or more.

Well thanks for listening.  We really feel bad about it here.