From:
SHARON BUTZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:54:39 -0700
I guess I am a lurker, but after the past week or so of being tied to CNN
and watching all the Katrina news I could, I need to share some dumb/fun
ferret stuff.

I have two boys(silvers) and a mitted sable girl.  She's the boss.  She
was the first and she taught the boys all of her little ferret tricks
that make you want to go out and buy two more.  How to climb up onto the
table, how to scale the side of mommy's Longaberger trash can so they can
get to the counter top to eat whatever they can...how to find the fullest
glass and knock it over so they can lap up the spilled liquid...oh and
my boyfriends personal favorite how to remove the insoles from his work
boots and hide them under the desk..or the bed...or the couch

Sway has this thing for those fleecey balls with the bell in them.  The
boys could care less about them, really...that is until she is playing
with them in her corner of the bathroom behind the toilet where all 500
of them are "hidden" Then the boys sort of look at her and her stash,
look at each other and rush in and grab what they can and run off to hide
her stuff.  While she's rounding up whatever they've taken, they go back
and grab more.  So, my little little girl runs into, and bowls over my
beefy boy knocking him off his feet and onto his back where she roughs
him up and shows him whose boss.  The middle weight boy sorta hops around
at this point showing teeth and looking ready to give it a go, until she
turns on him.  He runs backward so fast he summersaults backwards and
turns tail under the nearest furniture piece.  She saunters off--swear
it--head held high just daring them to touch her stuff.

The quickest way to get them back into their cage at night before bed is
to clean it.  All I have to do is rearrange the cage just a bit, and my
little girl is in there like a flash...checking it out.  I close the door
to the cage (keeping in mind the door has been open all night, where the
three of them have ignored it fully) and suddenly it's like I have the
coolest party on earth inside that cage and the boys are just aching to
get in there.  They run to the closed door, run to me, climb up the cage
and sit on the roof section and look at me, just begging to be let in.
It's so sad, because once they're in they all scramble to the top ledge
and poke their little noses out the holes and give me their saddest eyes.
(side note: it's a Martin's Cage.  Skip makes awesome cages!!!  Check out
his web site.  I have a two level with a slide out pan.  Love it)

Hammocks and sleepy places all over that cage.  all over..where are they?
Sleeping on the floor curled up in an old pair of my boyfriends boxers
that they took.  sigh.

thank you sir, can I have another?

sharon very much owned by Sway,Memphis and Atley