From:
Christina Haxton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:15:44 EDT
I have a 4 year old female, Kia, who has been a loner all her life.  We
just got another male ferret, Spike, who is probably 6-8 years old.  She
and he "bicker" quite a bit.  She tries to lick his ears, he hisses, she
hisses and they squabble a bit.  They have separate living quarters.  When
I put them both in his condo, they squabble if they are on the same level
(there's 3) and she hasn't quite figured out how to get from one level down
to the next.  Same thing happens when they both go to her place (which is
much smaller).

There was a 3rd ferret (female) with Spike, who had been pals for several
years.  She was introduced to him as an adult, also.  We gave her to a
friend with a single ferret, due to her tendency to nip and I have an
inquisitive 3 year old child who would likely get hurt by this ferret.

Will they ever make friends?  What's the best way to encourage this?  Any
thoughts on what I should "not do?"

Christina
Bailey, CO