From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:22:31 -0400
Readers Digest must assign such articles to multiple writers and then
choose among them.  Steve's mom just read the one that they used and it is
by a completely different writer who used one AFA person as a source (Sue
reads softly and I couldn't make out the name so if you are out there you
are toward the end of the May issue.) Guess it's like when some companies
assign a project to multiple groups and select among them.  As long as
good info gets out there it's fine, and it sounded like good intro piece.
Hopefully, they will have more in the future that are longer because the
more good, positive and accurate stuff out there, the better, whether by
this author (who did a very good job) or Linda, or someone equally
capable.  I wondered how they had cut a full page article down to half a
page...