From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:09:51 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

I am completely baffled.

Baffled.

Someone out there is messing with my head, and my feet, too! While I
was away in Mexico (again!) a package came for me in the mail. Inside
were several pairs of John Deere novelty socks, complete with little
trademark tag. There was also an official looking printed note from
"The John Deere Family" thanking me for my "years of support." Now, on
one level I think it's about danged time that those people recognize
my contribution to big green and yellow tractors in contemporary
literature. 'Bout time.

On another level, I am certain that *somewhere* there is a ferret mommy
snickering, enjoying having pulled off a marvelous joke. The envelope
had a California postmark, but as we well know ferrets are illegal in
California so there aren't any ferret mommies in the land of Arnold and
oranges. (Snort!)

Whooo done it? I don't know, but I am very grateful for the socks,
*especially* the glow in the dark pair. Yes, those are my favourite.
And as I tend to wear Birkenstock sandals I can share the glory of my
John Deere socks with strangers wherever I go, whether they want to
see my glowing feet or not.

Thank you, you silly ferret mommy!

Alexandra in MA