From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:35:53 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled fert pile sleepers...

(Hey!  Your elbow is in my snout!)

Taz, my (he's got a whole room for himself?) ferret passed away a short
time ago.  I held him in my hands as he stopped breathing, then few
moments later, his little heart stopped.

Yesterday, he was begging for snacks and playing tag with Jessica.  This
morning, he seemed out of sorts, but he was breathing OK.  I left him lay
around, figuring that he would work out whatever was wrong (gave him some
pepto and Mylanta, as he seemed to be having some indigestion when I
picked him up).  I checked on him from time to time and other than being
listless, he seemed OK.  I went up a short time ago to check on him again
and he was looking really bad.

I picked him up and held him.  He seemed to gag a bit, so I held him so
he could clear his throat.  He seemed to breath easier after than.  A
minute later, he coughed twice, then stopped breathing.  I put him down
and got ready to try breathing into his nose (I had my finger on his
heart at the time, to be sure it was still beating), when his heart
finally stopped.

I picked him up and hugged him for awhile.  Taz was my best little
ferret.  He followed the rules, he learned things when I taught him and
he never tried to be mean to any ferret.  I'm certain he will get a
preferred place on the Rainbow Bridge.  He deserves it.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns (missing Taz)

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/
http://www.netconex.com/microlink/