From:
Amy and Dave Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:45:55 -0500
To Britta regarding bringing a new baby home:

I have two children, 2 1/2 and 9 months, and other than the standard having
to watch interaction with the ferrets all the time, I haven't run into
anything that I wasn't prepared for.

In fact, my ferrets pretty much took both children in stride (especially
the second one).  It sounds like you already know the drill regarding
monitoring ferret/child interaction.  To me that's the most critical part.
At first for the safety of the child; later on for the safety of the
ferrets!

I must say, I had people who couldn't believe I was bringing children into
a ferret household as well, and I couldn't be happier that I did.  My
daughter (the 2 1/2 y.o.) really loves the little ferrets and is learning
to help take care of them.  She loves to give them treats, and play with
them.  I love watching her with them and am so glad we did it this way.

My son is still learning about how we treat animals.  He's just a baby so
of course he hits and pulls and grabs, but he loves watching them and will
chase them around when he sees them.

I think in the long run you'll be glad you kept your ferrets -- and so will
your child(ren)!

Amy, Dave, Sarah & Paul (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian, Elektra, Claudia & Sidney