From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:43:42 -0500
O.k. so now I've done it, I've created a little monster. sigh.

Scooby is deaf so he can't hear when other ferrets squeak when he tries
to play with them, all he understands is that they are moving and opening
their mouth, an invitation to play to him.  So when I pick him up I gently
and very lightly scruff him (which elicits a tiny whine which tugs at my
heart strings), look him straight in the eyes and mouth NO.  Saturday he
nipped my nose.  It was all I could do to turn away and keep myself from
giggling.  It wasn't a hard nip, just a little show of assertiveness on
his part.  What a beautiful little stinker.  :-)

Minge was pestering too so with him he gets the same treatment with a loud
deep verbal NO.  Nancy was holding Sunset (Sunset was laying on her back in
Nancy's arms) and Sunset's eyes got real big and she turned to look at me.
Guess SHE won't bother anyone for awhile.  As to Minge, he was back at it a
little while later.

Oh how I feel for the 5 wonderful brave friends/volunteers that will be
looking after this group when I'm in Canada....  Will they ever forgive
me?

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services