From:
pwebster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 11:44:00 +0100
As one of the two or three folks who started the latest controversy
regarding cutsey ferret talk I would just like to take the liberty to state
the following on behalf of all those who have commented that they would
rather not read postings involving ferrets who talk in 'baby' talk.  I hope
that this will play a part in finishing the debate.

no-one has stated that whover writes these posts should not be allowed to do
so.  Freedom of speach and expression were never called into question and
without doubt are rights to be held by all.  People were expressing these
very rights by simply stating that they do not appreciate this type of
posting and therefore choose not to read it.

In my original post re this subject I stated my opinion that whoever writes
these posts obviously puts a lot of time and effort into doing so.  It now
transpires that their efforts are ignored by around 50% of people who are
recieve the FML which is a shame.  I wander just how big a part the ferrets
'accents' play in these stories, and whether if they suddenly learned to
talk properly they wouldn't gain a lot more friends and followers.

Paul Webster.