From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:22:11 EDT
I am allergic to dogs, cats, frankly anything I have ever come into contact
before.  I developed allergies and asthma about 10 years ago after becoming
pregnant.  I became horribly allergic to my ferret (who I had had for
years).  It has not prevented me from having dogs, cats, cockatoos, birds
or now 6 ferrets, but I do use a nebulizer machine 2-3 times a day,
Claritin and Flonase every day, and shots.  Please do not think that
playing with a ferret at a pet store for a while will give you an adequate
picture of your reaction to ferrets.  If you have never come into contact
with something before you will not have a reaction.  It is the second or
hundredth time that will get you.  Do not let that stop you - what the
heck, it didn't stop me.  Just don't count on anything when it comes to
allergies.

Jean